Tuesday, May 06, 2008

 

Gas Theft Increases As Prices Climb

Even the tropical paradise of Hawaii isn's safe from the fumer mob:

Police on Kaua`i said they have seen a sharp increase in gas thefts.



Auto parts stores like NAPA tell KITV they have seen a steady increase in sales of gas cap locks in recent months. As the price of gasoline rises auto parts stores are getting more inquiries and seeing more sales of such gadgets.



They are most popular among owners of older cars that do not have built in gas tank locks.



"See these older cars are very easy to siphon from. The opening is big and the gas tank's right below here. So it's very simple. Stick your hose in, suck it up and you drain it," mechanic George Nitta said.



I've approached all the major (American!) automakers with my anti-fumer devices but no takers yet. They tell me the laws just aren't there to allow for permanently maiming/disabling fumers (even though they deserve it!).


I've now shifted my focus to devices that simply shame the victim, the current working prototype being a violent jet of estrogen. The pharmacist keeps asking me why I'm buying box after box of birth control pills.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?